Wednesday, March 31, 2010

fur elise

I've always wished I could sing or play an instrument. Sadly, I do not have a musical bone in my body. As a kid, I took piano and violin lessons but it was such a struggle. It just didn't come naturally to me. In high school, one of my best friends said I was tone-deaf after hearing me sing. But, my son seems to be showing some aptitude for music. About 6 or 7 months ago, I put him in piano lessons. He did not want to play piano, he wanted to play the guitar.

He wasn't having fun at first. But, Fur Elise changed all that. Langston has loved this song since he heard it on our electronic keyboard a while back. He would play it over and over again. Then after we got our piano a couple months ago, he would ask Daddy to play it for him. He loves watching and listening to Giao play.

About a month or 2 ago, Giao taught Langston how to play the first part of Fur Elise. I've had to listen to Langston play this song about 10 times a day since then. All through the day, when the mood strikes him, he'll sit and play this song. But, who are we kidding, I love it.

I honestly think that his desire to learn the rest of Fur Elise, is keeping him in piano lessons. He knows he has to get better and progress in order to play the entire song like his Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment