Friday, March 19, 2010

i've created a monster

This little boy is way into dinosaurs. You could say he lives and breathes dinosaurs. He takes them to the park and feeds them sand,


he lovingly adorns them with his half-eaten bagels,


and he loves to watch dinosaur videos on youtube. For a long time, Kiefer's favorite videos were the ones with death metal music edited to them. Lately, his favorites are the ones parents have posted of their kids playing with their favorite dinosaur toys. This is how he discovered his love for Spike the Dinosaur. He's seen Spike at Target on many occasions, but it wasn't until he started watching these youtube videos, that he realized he just had to have one. The old me would not have a problem shelling out $120 for a toy but times are tough. So, I looked on ebay and saw that Spike was going for about $80-90. Still too much. One day, after dropping Langston and Elise off at swimming, I took Kiefer to Walmart. I went straight to the garden center where they were keeping all the clearanced toys from Christmas. No luck there. We went to the toy department just to look and lo and behold, there was one green Spike the Dinosaur on the shelf, clearanced at $35.00!

I really think fate brought these two together.

It doesn't end there though. Thanks to youtube, Kiefer discovered that there was a whole collection of Imaginext dinosaur toys out there that we have never seen in the stores. He kept asking me to buy him "Spinosaurus" and showed me the video. Turns out, these dinosaur toys are no longer made and no longer sold in stores. But, thanks to Ebay, I have a very happy boy.

Everyday Kiefer opens the front door to check if another "packages" has been delivered by the mailman and every morning he asks me to "check ebay." My God, what have I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment