Sunday, May 16, 2010

lazy sunday

I was sick on Monday. I slept from the time the kids came home from school until 7pm. I was fine Tuesday and Wednesday but woke up feeling like poop on Thursday. I mustered enough strength to get up and get Langston breakfast and take him to school. Giao came home for the second half of the day and took care of Kiefer, picked the kids up from school and took them to swim practice. He also stayed home all day Friday and I started to feel better by the evening. We went to visit Giao's dad Friday night since he had to have surgery on his shoulder on Thursday. He looked so weak and frail just laying there in his bed. I'm used to seeing him on the go, playing tennis, gardening, working on the house...thank God he is going to be alright and is expected to make a full recovery.


On Saturday, I planted a few trees in the backyard, planted my tomato plants in my vegetable planters, and cleaned up the house. Giao and Langston headed over to the movies to watch Iron Man 2 with some friends. It was kind of a last minute thing so we told Langston that we had a surprise for him. He started guessing what it could be. "You're going to buy me a new airsoft gun?" No. "You're taking me to Gamestop to buy a new game?" Nope. "You're going to buy me an iPad?" Yeah right. LOL!

Elise was supposed to go to ballet in the morning but had a "little meltdown" and refused to go to class. She just loves to test my patience and I, for the most part, always fail. She is my strong-willed child and according to books about strong-willed children, she was born to test me. Or, as I like to put it, make my life as difficult as possible. By the end, I was spent. I felt guilty and I felt like the worst mother in the entire world. I have to get a handle over this and read up more on how to raise a strong-willed child and maybe even seek family counseling. My worst fear is that we won't have a good relationship when she's older. Later in the evening, we ate dinner at Boudin's and Jack's and then headed on over to Giao's parents house again since the kids were dying to see their cousins, who were here all the way from Tustin. Kiefer was slightly feverish all day and at one point he went into one of the spare rooms in house and just laid in the bed by himself. That was a sure sign that he was not feeling well since he is always on the go.


I am at home with the sick little boy. Giao and I had to, literally, force Tylenol down his throat. He depises medicine. Giao took Langston and Elise to Uncle Duc's house. The boys, big and small, are getting some father/son bonding time in with some D & D action. Nerds! I'm just laying on the couch with Kiefer, who seems to be feeling a lot better thanks to the meds. Once he goes down for a nap, I plan on watching all the Sex and the City episodes on OnDemand. Can't wait for the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment