Friday, May 7, 2010

what happened to april?

The kids are in their last month of school! I wish I could say that I'm looking forward to summer but 100 degree Sacramento summers are the worst. I miss Torrance weather. We'll be busy with swim practices and meets and hopefully go on a few mini trips, too. Summer vacation always seems to go by in a flash, so I'm really going to make an effort this year to enjoy every second.

So, Kiefer has to be sedated to have his cavities filled. His appointment is on Monday. I'm really anxious about him going under (he's only 3!) but I'm trying really hard not to have any negative thoughts about all that could go wrong. He had his pre-op physical at his pediatrician's office yesterday and I was so surprised to see how good he was. A complete 180 from 5 months ago at his 3-year well. I told him we were going to the doctor's but that they were only going to check him out. And he asks "I'm not getting shots?" He did everything that was asked of him: getting on the scale, opening his mouth, taking deep breaths, etc. I was so proud. So hopefully this will be his first and last time being sedated for dental work and he'll start being less scared at the dentist's office in a couple of months, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment