Monday, June 7, 2010

weekend recap

We had us a very full Saturday. We rarely have free and relaxing Saturdays anymore.
I took Elise to her ballet class Saturday morning.The girl has missed 4 weeks straight. Twice for swimming, once because they were closed for Memorial Day, and one other time because she just didn't feel like going (which is a nice way of saying she threw a fit and refused to go to class). Her recital is coming up in two short weeks and we will not make it to class this Saturday (because of swimming). I'm getting a little bit anxious about it, enough so that I think I've been grinding my teeth a little harder at night. But, after class on Saturday, I felt a little better. Elise seemed to know the routine and she was actually having fun during class, twirling around in her recital costume with a huge smile on her face. I have never seen her so happy during class. I'm positive that it had something to do with how cute she looked in her costume. A cute outfit always puts my girl in a good mood.

Then we headed off to a birthday party of a really good friend of hers. Elise never gets excited for birthday parties. More often than not, she will say she doesn't want to go to one. But, she was so excited to go to Hailey's. She kept asking me if we were going to be late. And, when we got there, she happily participated in all the games and activities. So uncharacteristic of her. When we met Giao and Langston at his Uncle's, Giao even commented on how good of a mood Elise was in. I swear, I think it's all thanks to her super cute recital costume.

Meanwhile, Giao took Langston to his second swim meet.


We swam against one of the fastest teams in this league. They blew us out of the water.

But Langston improved his time in all of his events. We're so proud of him.

Grandpa was there to cheer him on!

Listening to his music on his Itouch in between events. His favorite songs include Apologize, Mr. Brightside, I'm Yours, All Star, Hungry Like a Wolf, and Always On My Mind.

After the birthday party, we met up at Giao's Uncle's house to celebrate Great-Grandfather's 82nd birthday.

Here are the kids with their "uncles" and "aunties," who are actually Giao's first cousins. The kids love them.

We had a nice, relaxing Sunday at home. We planted a few bushes and cleaned up the yard a bit. Then, Giao swam with the kids. Well, with Elise, her bff, and Kiefer. Langston was at a friend's house.


Giao trying to teach Kiefer how to blow bubbles:

Seems so wrong, but I made microwave s'mores for the first time. They were pretty good, if you ask me and I'm not a big fan of s'mores.
And, if you ask Kiefer, he would probably say "They're awesome!" He loves using the word 'awesome' these days. Wonder where he gets that from?
We had an awesome weekend! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment